Thank you, wonderful people, for this shiny blue ribbon I get to hang on my wall! I have no idea where this came from, or where it’s going, since I’m still a relative newcomer to this “sphere of blogs”.
Actually, I lied. I do know where it came from. I stole it straight from Syl’s Blog!
I’m writing this way too late at night and may regret this later. I’ll just say I was drunk and don’t recall.
Here are her questions and there are my answers:
1. If you could learn a new language overnight, which would it be? Coding. Any of them. Maybe Japanese (although I’m semi-fluent), but I’m enjoying the climb, so I’ll stick with my first answer.
2. What is the first MMO you’d want to visit in full VR mode? If it’s anything like the visual imagery portrayed in the books, Otherland! Or if it exists by then, Sword Art Online…but only after the first patch. For what’s out there now: a tie between WildStar and FFXIV. They are both beautiful, unique worlds worth exploring in person. Definitely not The Secret World.
3. If you got to invite a dead person over for tea and biscuits, who would it be? Biscuits? What is this? Not-America? Maybe my dead future-self so we can share war stories, give unwarranted advice to each other, and either empathize perfectly or annoy one another to death – my first, his second. Is that even possible? I have so many questions for myself at this point.
4. What kind of biscuits would you serve? I just went to my favorite food blog and searched “biscuit”. This one looks yummy. Although I have a feeling that you meant something else…like these cookies!?
5. Who should go down first: House Lannister, House Frey or House Bolton? Hmm… give me a moment to think.
6. Justice means:
– a) everyone gets what they work for
– b) everyone gets the same
– c) everyone gets what they need
A. Unless you are one of the three aforementioned Houses. Then B. Let them all go down together.
7. If you could see one of your favorite games get a sequel, it would be….? …Final Fantasy? What? There’s already a sequel? How about Dragon Quest? Megaman? Zelda??? I guess I can die happy, then.
8. If a person were to split a pot of 1000$ between them and yourself on condition of you accepting their first offer, would you rather accept 100 bucks or both go empty? “Either you give me half, or we both walk away empty-handed. Now, what do you say?” *reaches for the dagger behind his back*
9. Which in-game MMO place/location do you consider a home to return to? There was a city in Achaea half a lifetime ago that used to be my home. They destroyed it (R.I.P. Shallam).
10. Favorite midnight snack when nobody’s looking? Gummy bears or kettle-cooked salt & vinegar potato chips. It’s 2am and I’m out of both. Help.
I don’t know many bloggers yet, so I’ll nominate from fellow Twitterers who I know have blogs or tumblrs:
@doomkitty / @recollects_play / @anyiASDF / @clchaotix
And one blogger that maybe hasn’t received this yet(?): GamingSF
If you have no idea what the heck this is (like me), here’s an explanation (this is Set #2).
Here are my Q’s for you!
1. Are you supposed to be working right now?
2. Are you supposed to be sleeping right now?
3. What is your daily go-to blog or site?
4. What sort of writing are you drawn to, stylistically speaking, and why? Conversational, narrative, journalistic, academic, etc.
5. In terms of your creative process, are you dominantly a creator/inventor, an editor/crafter, or an engineer/technician?
6. Are there any resources you use to better your writing/artistic skills?
7. Who is your Internet/social media crush? (Twitter/Tumblr/Blog/etc.) Confess, now!
8. Favorite comic-strip?
9. Hayao Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon?
Thanks, and have fun!